Jul 3, 2012

New Queen Anne Inspired Cloth Dolls

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted, but I've been working on a new collection of dolls. I've decided to go back to basics--to create "dolls" again instead of "figures." I've created several in the style of a Queen Anne/Poppet from the 18th Century, only in cloth instead of wood or paper clay. Instead of painting their faces, I'm using embroidery. I've just posted them in my Etsy store, if you'd like to see them all. Below are a couple of examples, which are currently for sale.




3 comments:

Mary Frances said...

These dolls are gorgeous! How do you achieve the stick like arms and legs? Thank you for showing us these dolls.

Mary Frances said...

These dolls are gorgeous! How do you achieve the stick like arms and legs? Thank you for showing us these dolls.

Nina Mason said...

Thanks for the nice note, Mary Frances. The arms and legs are simply sewn muslin that's been stuffed with fiberfill (I usually use a chopstick to get the batting into the tiny spaces).

Nina